[PATCH cygutils 1/1] cygstart: add 'runas' as option to elevate privileges like UAC

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Sun Aug 24 06:57:18 GMT 2025


On 8/22/2025 1:34 AM, Mark Geisert via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 8/21/2025 11:32 AM, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 21/08/2025 10:26, Mark Geisert via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> Replying to myself...
>>>
>>> On 8/11/2025 1:22 AM, Mark Geisert via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>>> Hi Vadim,
>>>>
>>> [...]
>>>> OK, I follow and agree with your reasoning.  I've applied your 
>>>> patches locally and built a cygutils-1.4.17-5 test release.  My 
>>>> usual upload workflow doesn't work anymore, likely due to the 
>>>> already- announced (on the cygwin-apps list) deprecation of same.  I 
>>>> need to work out how to accomplish the upload using current best 
>>>> practices. Give me a bit of time please.
>>>
>>> I've resolved the upload workflow but am having trouble building the 
>>> -5 test release package properly.  Just letting the OP know work has 
>>> not stopped on this.
[...sob story elided here ;-)...]

A working cygutils-1.4.17-5 test release has been uploaded.  See...
https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2025-August/012464.html

I still have work to do myself towards bringing cygutils' Cygwin package 
git repository up to date.  I believe it's just missing some commits 
that were made on my development machine, but there may be more to it.

Apologies for the delay.  I'm working on the chere package updates now.

..mark


More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list