[PATCH chere 0/4] Overview of chere patches

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Mon Aug 25 04:15:37 GMT 2025


Earlier this morning I wrote...

On 8/24/2025 2:46 AM, Mark Geisert via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hi Vadim,
> 
> A test release of chere-1.4-2 has been uploaded.  See...
> https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-announce/2025-August/012466.html
> 
> Your patches LGTM and I was able to apply them without issue, with one 
> exception.  The last hunk of patch 4 would not apply (to file 'xhere'). 
> I believe this is because the original source file lacks a trailing 
> newline on its last line (?!).  I attempted to use a cygport hook to 
> correct this file on its way into the build, but no luck.  I ended up 
> modifying the last hunk of your patch to affect 6 lines rather than 8.
> 
> As with cygutils, I still have work to do myself towards bringing 
> chere's Cygwin package git repository up to date.  This package has 
> never had a repository hosted there, so I'm on a learning curve.
> 
> Thanks for your patches and again, apologies for the delay.
> 
> ..mark
> 

It turns out 1.4-2 didn't have your patches.. 1.4-3 corrects this.
Stuff happens :-(

..mark


More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list