[ITP] python-pycairo

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty cygwin@hamishmb.com
Thu Apr 23 14:16:22 GMT 2026


Hi all,

pycairo (https://pypi.org/project/pycairo/) is an optional dependency of 
wxPython, which I maintain, and as such I'd like to package it for 
Cygwin. This is more of a future-dependency, as pycairo no longer 
supports Python 3.9, which is the only Python version that the 
currently-built version of wxPython supports. As such, I'm just doing 
this in advance of needing it for wxPython 4.2.x

The cygport file for this package is attached.

pycairo is in various Linux distros: 
https://repology.org/project/python%3Apycairo/versions

I am currently unable to push to Cygwin's playground repository as noted 
in a reply to my last ITP, so I can't show that the package build 
succeeds that way unfortunately.

Best,
Hamish



-------------- next part --------------
PYTHON_WHEEL_VERSIONS="3.12"
inherit python-wheel

NAME="python-pycairo"
VERSION=1.29.0
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Python"
SUMMARY="Python interface for cairo"
DESCRIPTION="Pycairo is a Python module providing bindings for the cairo graphics library."
HOMEPAGE="https://pycairo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/"
LICENSE="LGPL-2.1-only-or-MPL-1.1"

BUILD_REQUIRES="python312 python312-devel python312-setuptools python312-meson-python python312-pyproject_metadata meson python312-numpy"

PKG_IGNORE="usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/cairo/_cairo.cpython-312-x86_64-cygwin.dll.dbg"


More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list