[ITP] python-pycairo
Brian Inglis
Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca
Thu Apr 23 21:26:21 GMT 2026
On 2026-04-23 08:16, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> pycairo (https://pypi.org/project/pycairo/) is an optional dependency of
> wxPython, which I maintain, and as such I'd like to package it for Cygwin. This
> is more of a future-dependency, as pycairo no longer supports Python 3.9, which
> is the only Python version that the currently-built version of wxPython
> supports. As such, I'm just doing this in advance of needing it for wxPython 4.2.x
>
> The cygport file for this package is attached.
>
> pycairo is in various Linux distros: https://repology.org/project/
> python%3Apycairo/versions
>
> I am currently unable to push to Cygwin's playground repository as noted in a
> reply to my last ITP, so I can't show that the package build succeeds that way
> unfortunately.
Hi Hamish,
Unless something has changed, as a maintainer, you should be able to push like:
#!/bin/sh
# cyg-git-play-push-f.sh - git push Cygwin specific sources to playground repo
ssh=ssh://cygwin@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages
pkg=${1:-playground}
ref=${2:-playground}
git push --set-upstream $ssh/$pkg.git $ref -f
--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis Calgary, Alberta, Canada
La perfection est atteinte Perfection is achieved
non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter not when there is no more to add
mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retrancher but when there is no more to cut
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
More information about the Cygwin-apps
mailing list