Putting some packages up for adoption
Ken Brown
kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Sep 10 15:43:47 GMT 2026
On 4/16/2025 3:59 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> I am not able to spend as much time as I would like working on Cygwin,
> and I therefore expect to be putting some of my packages up for adoption
> over the next year or so. I'll hang on to Emacs and TeX Live and
> related packages for as long as possible.
>
> For now, the following packages are up for grabs:
>
> babl
> clisp
> colm
> doxygen
> fcgi
> ffcall
> freeglut
> gegl0.4
> geomview
> ghostscript
> ghostscript-fonts-other
> kelbt
> libmypaint
> libsigc2.0
> libsigc3.0
> libspiro
> libXpm-noX
> mailutils
> minizip
> mm-common
> mypaint-brushes
> poppler
> poppler-data
> ragel
> raqm
> savi
> svm
> texinfo
> urw-base35-fonts
> xforms
> xmlto
> xmltoman
> xpdf
I'm afraid the time has come when I have to give up the rest of my
packages (list below). All of these should be straightforward for
someone else to adopt, with the exception of TeX Live (including
asymptote and biber). The easy part of this is building Cygwin binaries
for upstream TeX Live. The hard part is packaging TeX Live for Cygwin.
I never got around to packaging TeX Live 2026, so the next task will be
to package TeX Live 2027 early in 2027. Between now and then I will
write up my notes on this and post it here.
I've really enjoyed contributing to Cygwin over the years and regret
that I can no longer do it.
Ken
Here is the list of newly orphaned packages:
asymptote
biber
emacs
emacs-auctex
freetype2
gd
graphite2
harfbuzz
icu
jansson
lcms2
libpaper
libpng
potrace
teckit
texlive
texlive-collection-basic
texlive-collection-basic-doc
texlive-collection-bibtexextra
texlive-collection-bibtexextra-doc
texlive-collection-binextra
texlive-collection-binextra-doc
texlive-collection-context
texlive-collection-context-doc
texlive-collection-fontsextra
texlive-collection-fontsextra-doc
texlive-collection-fontsrecommended
texlive-collection-fontsrecommended-doc
texlive-collection-fontutils
texlive-collection-fontutils-doc
texlive-collection-formatsextra
texlive-collection-games
texlive-collection-htmlxml
texlive-collection-humanities
texlive-collection-humanities-doc
texlive-collection-langarabic
texlive-collection-langchinese
texlive-collection-langcjk
texlive-collection-langcyrillic
texlive-collection-langczechslovak
texlive-collection-langenglish
texlive-collection-langeuropean
texlive-collection-langfrench
texlive-collection-langgerman
texlive-collection-langgreek
texlive-collection-langitalian
texlive-collection-langjapanese
texlive-collection-langkorean
texlive-collection-langother
texlive-collection-langpolish
texlive-collection-langportuguese
texlive-collection-langspanish
texlive-collection-latex
texlive-collection-latex-doc
texlive-collection-latexextra
texlive-collection-latexextra-doc
texlive-collection-latexrecommended
texlive-collection-latexrecommended-doc
texlive-collection-luatex
texlive-collection-luatex-doc
texlive-collection-mathscience
texlive-collection-mathscience-doc
texlive-collection-metapost
texlive-collection-metapost-doc
texlive-collection-music
texlive-collection-music-doc
texlive-collection-pictures
texlive-collection-pictures-doc
texlive-collection-plaingeneric
texlive-collection-plaingeneric-doc
texlive-collection-pstricks
texlive-collection-pstricks-doc
texlive-collection-publishers
texlive-collection-publishers-doc
texlive-collection-xetex
texlive-collection-xetex-doc
tree-sitter
zziplib
More information about the Cygwin-apps
mailing list