ATTN maintainers python 3.12 is now default (was Re: Updated: python 3 packages)

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:05:46 GMT 2026


On 22/09/2026 22:46, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 22/09/2026 16:24, Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 22/09/2026 12:23, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> On 02/09/2026 14:20, Jon Turney wrote:
>>>> On 29/08/2026 15:40, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>>>> On 27/08/2026 09:06, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce wrote:
>>>>>> New release for
>> [...]
>>>> python 3.12 is now the default so the following packages are in need 
>>>> of rebuilding:
>> [...]
>>
..
>> I marked the python3-wx source package as obsolete as part of that 
>> change. Please use the python-wx source package name going forwards.
>>
>> [1] https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2026-September/045077.html 
> 
> Ah I see, right. Thanks for letting me know, and apologies for my late 
> replies to these emails - I've been very busy. That said, I hope to have 
> some time and energy to dedicate to finishing off the python39 and 312 
> builds for newer versions of wxPython soon, just need to get that 
> libbacktrace sorted out - thanks for the link to your efforts on it.
> 
> Best,
> 
> Hamish

Hi Hamish,
if you need help on packing it let me know.
I have a long list of packing solution ;-)

Regards
Marco



More information about the Cygwin-apps mailing list