Repost: Help porting cygwin to Alpha?

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Mon Mar 1 07:41:00 GMT 1999

Sorry for not getting back to you, we're pretty busy these days.

> I have gotten some pointers from Geoffrey Noer, have tried out the
> port from guiduck.com and have the source for it. The guiduck port
> works pretty well but not as well as the current cygwin and I'd like
> to have the same stuff running on both alpha and intel.

I don't think we (cygnus) have any alphas available to test anything
you send us (we'll gladly accept donations :) but as long as your
changes don't cause build or runtime problems on x86 platforms, I
don't see any problem accepting them, assuming we've got the
appropriate legal papers from you.