Problems with autoconf-2.52 testsuite using current CVS Cygwin
Sat Jul 28 15:56:00 GMT 2001
Excellent sleuthing, Trevor. Info about possible mktemp implementation
> And another part of the problem is Cygwin does not have a mktemp utility.
> The mktemp is used in preference to mkdir and totally bypasses the
> PID and no RANDOM problem highlighted above....
> So after trying a few different versions of mktemp I found one at
> http://www.courtesan.com/mktemp/mktemp.html . It built cleanly and I must
> say its "great". I tried it with autoconf and straight away ALL 155
> tests passed. Great, but there is still the problem that the directories
> are not being deleted in the temp dir. :(
> Note, I think this mktemp needs to be added as a core package.
I've been meaning to contribute my "misc" package for a while (as well
as putting the code into the cvs-apps repository on sourceware) but have
never gotten around to it. "misc" (terrible name; any better
suggestions?) contains the following:
* ascii.exe: simple utility for displaying the ASCII character set
* dump.exe: simple utility for displaying a nicely formatted
hexdump of a file
* putclip.exe: copy stdin to the Windows clipboard
* getclip.exe: copy Windows clipboard to stdout
* uuencode.exe: encode a file into unambiguous 7bit format
* uudecode.exe: decode a file encoded by uuencode
* conv.exe: a utility for converting line endings between DOS and
* d2u.exe: a copy of conv.exe which defaults to converting DOS->UNIX
* u2d.exe: a copy of conv.exe which defaults to converting UNIX->DOS
* mktemp.exe: make temporary files and directories with unique names
(Actually, I have a few feature requests and bugfixes I need to apply...)
On the down side, I do have this mktemp installed on my development
machine, but I still saw the errors when running the autoconf test suite
under cygwin-CVS. However, I didn't know at the time to check that the
test suite was actually using it.
More information about the Cygwin-developers