hierarchy in setup (category stuff)

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 14:28:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 05:23:57PM -0400, Brian Keener wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >
>> >Still not 100%, but much cleaner and easier to read:
>> >
>> >Known bugs:
>> >1) The partial view when you enter the package list has a scroll bar one
>> >line too many long.
>> >2) The category view always shows _all_ packages. There's no
>> >category-partial view. Do we need one?
>>
>> I just played with this and I like what I see.
>>
>> I had a hard time getting all of the changes into the current CVS, though,
>> and the view was sort of screwed up.
>
>I have been battling with that this morning - I don't feel so bad if you had
>problems too - I think I must have gotten a patch or two out of or that fact I
>updated from cvs before trying the patches might have had a lot to do with it.

Either way, there would still be problems.  I think that they are mainly because
of Michael's white space fixes.

I sometimes wish that we had a C/C++ aware version of patch.

>> Robert, if you are still interested, then I think that this is definitely the
>> way to go.  If you have something worth checking in, then please do so.
>
>That would be great Robert or if you have time I could use a patch file against
>the current cvs.  Actually right now, I'll settle for a copy of your choose.cc
>to use for a diff when I'm done cutting and pasting - meanwhile back to my
>cutting and pasting.

I've included a new patch below.  I took another stab at this and found that I'd
wiped out a huge chunk of a function.  setup.exe seems to work much better now.

I've also included a setup.ini with categories.  I haven't added dependencies yet.

I'm thinking that we should just nuke the "latest" and "contrib" directories and
create directories based on the name of the categories.

cgf