access port 127.0.0.1:1052 (cygserver question) <PLEASE REPLY TO THIS ONE>

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Thu Jul 4 02:52:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 10:44:54AM +0100, Conrad Scott wrote:
> In Un*x, are socket files persistent in this way? Or do they disappear
> on last close?  I can't see anything unambiguous about this in the
> documentation I've got to hand.  (I've never programmed with them in

AFAIK, they disappear after they have been closed by all apps.
I'm wondering if we should create these unix domain socket files
with the appropriate FILE_FLAG_DELETE_ON_CLOSE flag.  This would
require to rearrange Egor's socket code to use CreateFile() instead
of _open()...

Red Hat, Inc.