console vs ^X

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:28:00 GMT 2009

2009/9/29 Corinna Vinschen:
> We could also just replace the char with a question mark.  That's what
> cmd does in border cases, AFAICS.  Sometimes it replaces the character
> with a base character (in 1251, for instance, a-umlaut with just a),
> but that's not something we can do in a simple way.

Yeah, that's a "feature" of MultiByteToWideChar. I've read it replaces
the infinity symbol with '8', presumably on the grounds that it's a
number and it looks a bit like it. :)

> So, ignore the key or question mark?

I was gonna say ignore, but then I found that mintty sends a question
mark due to code I'd explicitly put in ...

I sure hate beeps though.

Andy