stdin, stdout, stderr when GUI app is launched from command line

Jeremy Drake cygwin@jdrake.com
Fri May 5 04:46:50 GMT 2023

On Fri, 5 May 2023, Kacvinsky, Tom wrote:

> We embed Python in our product, so maybe the issue is with that.  I'm
> nor certain of that, though.  But thanks for the pointer.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting that Python has anything to do with this.
That is just another case where I remember invalid standard handles
showing up when running a GUI (-mwindows) executable from Cygwin, that
resulted in some in-depth investigation that might shed light on how
you could end up with invalid handle traps in App Verifier.