Globetrotter FLEX/LM

Adrian Lao adrian@adttx.sps.mot.com
Wed Sep 16 21:23:00 GMT 1998

Todd> Has anyone successfully linked in the globetrotter flex/lm license manager.
Todd> If so could you e-mail me directly on how to do this.

Yes, I've tried it on NT 4.0.  However, I've linked to the DLL only,
not the static library. Assuming you're using the simple trivial
AP, here's what you need to do:

	(1) save the the attached file in a file called "flexlm.def"
	(2) run the following (assuming you're in the
            .../flexlm/v6.1/i86_?? directory):

	dlltool --as=as --dllname lmgr326b.dll --def flexlm.def --output-lib liblmgr326b.a

You can now link the liblmgr326b.a library into your application just
like any other .a libraries (but it requires lmgr326b.dll during
runtime). Also, when including lmpolicy.h, make sure you've defined
WINNT and FLEXLM_DLL on NT, I'm not sured whether you need to do this
on Window 95/98.

Hope this help.

Adrian

--------------------- flexlm.def --------------