Here documents in ash shell scripts mess up stdin on 9x

Mikey jeffdbREMOVETHIS@goodnet.com
Fri Feb 12 17:31:00 GMT 1999

Yes, ash on 9x is much more stable (and faster :) running configure than bash.
On 95a linking /bin/sh -> bash.exe will cause lockups, even with CYGWIN=  tty
or at least it did for me with b19, your mileage may vary.

Do not use the b20 ash, recompile the one from b19, the b20 ash
has several serious bugs, and someone is trying to add features,
that are not needed, for a non-login shell.

The main problem is that once ash exits after running configure if you continue to
use that login shell and a non cygwin app segfaults in it, you can have
hard lockups.

Can you say reset-button? I knew you could ;^)

Once configure exits I always exit that console and start a new one.