/bin/mail anyone?

David Starks-Browning starksb@ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 10:34:00 GMT 1999

> Yes, but my problem is with OUTGOING mail.  All Emacs mailers
> ultimately rely on sendmail or something that behaves like it to send
> messages, they don't talk SMTP themselves.

It wasn't clear to me why you couldn't just use smtpmail.el on emacs,
in order to get it to talk SMTP.  What was the problem with that
approach?

David

  David Starks-Browning                  | starksb@ebi.ac.uk
  EMBL Outstation --                     |
  The European Bioinformatics Institute  |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK       | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468