B20.1: how to build for MinGW32?

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU
Wed Mar 31 19:45:00 GMT 1999

"Kai-Uwe Rommel" <rommel@ars.de> writes:

> DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote on 7.3.1999 19:08:28:
> >
> > > Since I can't find notes about that in the docs, here is my
> > > question: what is the official way of recompiling the code for
> > > MinGW32?
> >
> > Mingw doesn't provide a posix emulation, so I wouldn't expect GNU
> > tools to build with it.  I think our expectation is that the
> > development tools would always be built with cygwin, and would
> > cross-compile to mingw.
>
> So how do I cross-compile with CygWin to MinGW32? I finally managed
> to get the thing compiled, but after "configure" I had to add
> -mno-cygwin manually to the Makefile's "CC = gcc" statements and
> also had to manually edit some config.h files.
>
> Probably I already have to tell "configure" to use -mno-cygwin, but
> how? I am still not all too familiar with CygWin and configure ...

Have you looked at my howto for building mingw cross compiler? That may
answer your question.

See http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

I've never tried building under cygwin, but in theory it should work just
as well as under Linux or other well supported Unix'y hosts.

Regards,
Mumit