Problem with batch file from tcsh and CYGWIN=tty

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Mon May 31 21:10:00 GMT 1999

--- David Bailey <david.bailey@desy.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a small but niggling problem:
>
> Using B20.1 from the standard full.exe distribution on NT (SP4 or 5) and
> tcsh I run a small batch file that in trun calls another (non-cygwin) exe.
> This exe uses the cursor keys in much the same way as tcsh to give it's own
> internal command history. The trouble is, that if CYGWIN is set to "tty"
> this doesn't work - the up arrow cursor simply moves the cursor up one line.
> Leaving out the "tty" piece restores the correct functionality, but then I
> run into problems if I need to ctrl-c things.
>
> I poked about in the mail archives but couldn't find anything directly
> relevant to this.
>
> Any suggestions?

Your "problem" is a known and documented feature.  Recent snapshots have
reworked the terminal handling, I don't know if it has resolved this problem.
Check the Changelog for revision information.

===
"Earnie Boyd" < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
CYGWIN RELATED HELP:
 DOCUMENTATION: < http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html >