Specifying a base address

Jon Leichter jon@symas.com
Thu Nov 4 20:55:00 GMT 1999

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I searched the archives but didn't
come up with an answer.

With the Cygwin set of compiler utilities, how does one go about setting the
base image address for a DLL?

Is there a particular tool that I can use to change the base image address
after the DLL is built? For instance, MSVC provides a tool called EDITBIN that
does just that. (By the way, I tried to use EDITBIN on a DLL that I built with
gcc, and EDITBIN failed).

If there is no tool, is there a way to specify the base address at link time?
Do I need to provide a .def file for this?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Leichter
jon@symas.com