[Q]STL vector with -mno-cygwin

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Sat Jun 24 13:28:00 GMT 2000

On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 03:46:00AM +0900, Hidekuni Annaka wrote:
>Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:46:00 +0900
>From: Hidekuni Annaka <tantaka@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp>
>To: cygwin <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
>Subject: [Q]STL vector with -mno-cygwin
>
>Hello everyone.I'm a cygwin beginner.
>
>With old cygwin(b20.1),we must specify extra include(-I) or library(-L)
>path with -mno-cygwin flag.
>
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-06/msg00938.html
>Recentry in above article,I see following sentence.
>
>- No more "impure_ptr" errors when compiling with -mno-cygwin.
>  (After exhaustive debugging)
>
>So, I got latest net release and I tried to compile
>----------------------------------
>#include <vector>
>
>int main(int argc,char** argv){
>  vector<int> vec;
>  vec.push_back();
>}
>----------------------------------
>g++ -mno-cygwin foo.cc
>
>But,I get following error messages.
>/usr/lib/libstdc++.a(iostream.o): In function `skip_ws(streambuf *)':
>/cygnus/netrel/src/gcc-2.95.2-2/libio/iostream.cc:66: undefined
>reference to `_imp___ctype_'
>
>I'm misunderstanding? What should I do any other?

Apparently, yes, you are misunderstanding.  The word "impure_ptr" is not the
same as "_imp___ctype" despite sharing several letters.

Despite the words in the release notice, you are apparently using an older
version of cygwin with a newer version of gcc.  Update your cygwin DLL
release.  I.e., do a "setup cygwin" in an empty directory.

The error you're getting is from attempting to link a B20.1 libcygwin.a
library with more recent objects.

cgf