[Q]STL vector with -mno-cygwin

Hidekuni Annaka tantaka@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp
Sun Jun 25 02:12:00 GMT 2000

Thanks Chris for your response.

Chris Faylor wrote:

> >I'm misunderstanding? What should I do any other?
>
> Apparently, yes, you are misunderstanding.  The word "impure_ptr" is not the
> same as "_imp___ctype" despite sharing several letters.

Please read my last mail carefully.
The error messages contain

undefined reference to `_imp___ctype_'
undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'
undefined reference to `__errno'
undefined reference to `__infinity'

By any chance, does the word "impure_ptr" mean something different
with the word "_impure_ptr" ?

> Despite the words in the release notice, you are apparently using an older
> version of cygwin with a newer version of gcc.  Update your cygwin DLL
> release.  I.e., do a "setup cygwin" in an empty directory.

I expect that I am using latest cygwin DLL.
I have once done "setup cygwin" in an empty directory within DOS prompt.
And I specify "sourceware.cygnus.com" as a download location.

cygwin1.dll's properties
Version : 1.1.2
BuildDate : 6 Jun 2000 22:20
APIVersion : 0.21

> The error you're getting is from attempting to link a B20.1 libcygwin.a
> library with more recent objects.

libcygwin.a's property
RenewalDate : 8 Jun 2000 8:35:16

libstdc++.s.2.10.0's property
RenewalDate : 17 Jun 2000 3:58:04

Do these properties show any wrong version?
Still am I misunderstanding?

Thanks.
---------