Can not found crt1.o when using -mno-cygwin option

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 20:29:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 12:40:08PM -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
>There seem to be a few mistakes in the specs file; the following seems
>to work (however, the "right" fix is somewhere in the bowels of the gcc
>source code, so that the specs file is *generated* to look like this).
>
>#1) The specs file is using the wrong version number

I don't know how this matters.  This version isn't reported by gcc and
it obviously isn't used for getting the specs file.  I have, however,
updated my script to deal with this.  The problem is that the specs file
is generated by the compiler building gcc rather than gcc itself when
building gcc as a cross-compile.  That's what I do.

>#2) you can't specify "crt1.o" as a library (plus, there's a extraneous
>space between '-L' and the '/usr/lib/mingw').  However, because libmingw
>is in /usr/lib/mingw, you still need '-L/usr/lib/mingw' even though you
>also specify /usr/lib/mingw/crt1.o explicitly)

I've fixed the crt1.o problem.  There will be a new gcc available sometime
tomorrow on various mirrors.

cgf