Can not found crt1.o when using -mno-cygwin option

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 9 20:44:00 GMT 2000

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 12:40:08PM -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
> >There seem to be a few mistakes in the specs file; the following seems
> >to work (however, the "right" fix is somewhere in the bowels of the gcc
> >source code, so that the specs file is *generated* to look like this).
> >
> >#1) The specs file is using the wrong version number
>
> I don't know how this matters.  This version isn't reported by gcc and
> it obviously isn't used for getting the specs file.  I have, however,
> updated my script to deal with this.  The problem is that the specs file
> is generated by the compiler building gcc rather than gcc itself when
> building gcc as a cross-compile.  That's what I do.

It probably doesn't matter.  I just noticed it because "gcc -v" showed
"version 2.95.2-3" and I knew that was wrong.  Then, I saw it in the
spec file while tracking down the libmingw thing.

--Chuck