dllwrap and excluded symbols

Tim Reed timr@viaworks.com
Tue Oct 10 12:02:00 GMT 2000


I noticed that when I use dllwrap to make a mingw32 dll some extra args
are passed to dlltool. One of these confuses me a bit. I see that dllwrap
adds --exclude-symbol=DllMainCRTStartup@12

Here's the actuall command I'm using:

dllwrap --target=i386-mingw32 -mno-cygwin --driver-flags -O0 -g
-L/usr/local/li b/ -L/usr/local/i386-mingw32/lib/ -lmsvcrt -lwsock32 -static
-mno-cygwin -v -H -liberty --export-all --output-def viaworks.def
--driver-name gcc -o viaworks.dll $(OBJS)  -lwsock32 -lmsvcrt


Upon executing this I get some warnings like:

dlltool: Excluding symbol: DllMainCRTStartup@12
dlltool: Excluding symbol: _cygwin_dll_entry@12
dlltool: Excluding symbol: DllMainCRTStartup@12
dlltool: Excluding symbol: DllMain@12
dlltool: Excluding symbol: DllEntryPoint@12

and

/usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _DllMainCRTStartup@12;
defaulting to 66cc1000
 


Why is this excluded from the dll? Won't the mingw32 dll I'm compiling
want to load in the C runtime code?

Is there a way to force the function to be added to the dll? 
How does a mingw32 compiled dll load in the C runtime environment, or any
other dll it needs?


--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com



More information about the Cygwin mailing list