Remote debugging
Enoch Wu
enochw@scn.org
Sun Mar 25 23:01:00 GMT 2001
On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 01:02:01AM -0500, Deepak Shekhar wrote:
> Hi everybody !!!
> I have configured/build GDB for the target processor
> ----------------
> "mips-idt-ecoff" from the sources.
> ---------------
> My machine is running windows-98 on a Intel P3.
> I have installed cygwin also.
> If i have to connect to the remote board through a serial line
> for eg. i give a command
>
> target mips /dev/ttyS0
Try /dev/comx
x=your com port number per Windows standard. Hope that helps
>
> but it says: No such file or directory.
> Obviously because there is no /dev/ on my machine.
Yes there is. /dev/comx is internal to Cygwin. You cannot see it like
on Unix.
>
> Is there a way i make the serial port to be mounted as /dev/
> on windows.???
> Or How i do connect to a remote machine and do remote debugging??
That I don't know - I am not a programmer - just a Unix/C/C++ enthusiast.
>
> please help me
>
>
> Deepak
Hope that helps.
ew
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list