Acces tape-unit with cygwin
Don Sharp
dwsharp@iee.org
Tue Oct 2 13:19:00 GMT 2001
Wim Versteeg wrote:
>
> Hallo,
>
> I installed CYGWIN on my PC under winNT without tape-unit. Today I connected a
> tape-unit via SCSI to my PC . The winNT backup system detects my drive. Could
> you inform me how to use/install this tape-unit under CYGWIN (by dd if=TAPE or
> tar....) This tar-option would be interesting for me!
>
You need to mount the tape decice(s) like
mount -f -s -b "//./tape0" "/dev/st0"
mount -f -s -b "//./tape0" "/dev/nst0"
Notice the norewind version above
You can now use
dd if=/dev/st0 bs=tape_block_size > file_on_disc
tar tf /dev/st0
and
mt -f /dev/nst0 fsf 1
I hope that helps.
> Regards, Wim Versteeg
>
>
Cheers
Don Sharp
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list