Inopportune Crash

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Fri Oct 12 18:05:00 GMT 2001


Hi,

Earlier today I installed the new Vim--6.02--and one other package, whose 
name I don't recall right now.

As it turned out, my system crashed just as the installation was 
completing. The crash occurred a fraction of a second after I heard the 
"ding" produced by the installer when it shows the last, tiny dialog with 
the OK button.

Now when I run the installer, it tells me everything needs to be installed. 
Presumably the crash interfered with the installer writing the file that 
records the current installation status (or with those file system changes 
being flushed to disk). All my file system volumes are NTFS.

Can anyone offer me a way to fix this? I don't mind re-installing, though 
I'd prefer the "lowest-impact" solution that's practical. However, I'm 
particularly concerned that whatever fix I apply won't negatively affect 
the existing installation. For example, I would not want my home directory 
or local additions eradicated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list