Inopportune Crash

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Mon Oct 15 10:08:00 GMT 2001

Steven,

A new Vim came along at my preferred mirror today, so I used that as the
opportunity to try your solution. I downloaded the Vim package (I always
download and then install and keep all the packages mirrored locally),
re-ran the installer in "Install from Local Directory" mode and set all the
packages listed as requiring installation to "Skip" except the new Vim
package. After installing just the new Vim and re-running the installer in
"Install from Local Directory" mode again, it still lists every package
(except Vim, of course) as requiring installation.

By the way, my setup.ini, setup.log and setup.log.full files were not
missing. In fact, I looked at them and they're not obviously malformed or
truncated.

Any other ideas?

I suppose I'll just have to go ahead re-install everything and hope nothing
is perturbed.

Randall Schulz