pthread: thread switching bug?
Robert Collins
robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Wed Oct 31 18:30:00 GMT 2001
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christopher Faylor [ mailto:cgf@redhat.com ]
> >Thanks for the testing, you've shown that there is non
> thread safe code,
> >probably in the fhandler_consoler in cygwin, or possibly in the MS
> >Windows console code. Right now we don't know which.
>
> I'm still not sure why this is a cygwin bug. Is there some
> requirement
> that writes to the console be atomic? Your (Robert's) original email
> indicated that the Opengroup spec didn't have this as a requirement.
It's non expected behaviour at the least. At worst it could be a symptom
of something more serious that is faulty. I intend to analyse it at some
point.
The Opengroup spec for printf doesn't document any thead safety needs,
but, one would expect fprintf to a file to be atomic regardless of the
actual file... There are separate thread considerations elsewhere in
that tome, but I don't have time to dig them up right now.
Rob
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list