Strange behaviour of gcc

Danny Smith danny_r_smith_2001@yahoo.co.nz
Sun Dec 29 20:19:00 GMT 2002

Hello Randall

Yeah, no documentation to speak of.  The only reason I know about it because
I've been chasing the _alloca bug that Fish reported. It is still present in
GCC trunk (3.4).  I have submitted a simple patch that fixes, but ... time for
a ping in the New Year.

Danny,

rrschulz wrote:

Man! I scanned through the GCC man page for anything that would control this

action, and couldn't find anything. I don't see "-mno-stack-arg-probe" listed
there at all, nor is any option that includes the word "probe."

Google ("GCC mno-stack-arg-probe"
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=GCC+mno-stack-arg-probe&btnG=Google+Search>)
turns up only three relevant hits (including one recent thread on the Cygwin
mailing list: <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg00122.html> and
<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg00123.html>).

Randall Schulz

- What's on at your local cinema?