opengl and cygwin

Antonio MATTA amatta@atlas.puj.edu.co
Fri Feb 8 05:42:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have been working OpenGl and Cygwin for some time now.
You do not have to install xfree in order to make it work.
Just download the Package :

http://atlas.puj.edu.co/~amatta/tesis/OpenGl/Windows/cygwin/OpenGLPackage.zip

It includes all the necesary libraries to make OpenGl and Cygwin work
together.

Antonio.

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Ling F. Zhang wrote:

> this seems like an X question, but it concerns openssh
> as well, so I am going to ask.
> okay, I need to do some opengl development. I found
> that opengl library comes with cygwin, that's a plus
> for me.  but I think I might need to install xfree for
> cygwin in order for it to work (is this true?)
> say I need to install, but I don't want to. I have
> exceed, so, can I just run exceed, forward the
> DISPLAY, an expect anything to work at all?
>
> if I am talking non-sense here...can anyone tell me
> how to get opengl to work? since it's included in the
> cygwin package? (does it include glut? or do I have to
> compile / install it myself?)

ANTONIO ALEJANDRO MATTA GÓMEZ
WebMaster
Facultad de Ingeniería
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana - Seccional Cali
Calle 18 No. 118 - 250 Av. Cañasgordas
Cali, Colombia
Tel. (+2)  3218200 Ext 575
Fax. 5552823