Prompt question

Peter Buckley peter.buckley@cportcorp.com
Wed Mar 6 13:38:00 GMT 2002

Hmm... I thought that when cygwin was installed, it did "mkpasswd -l >>
/etc/passwd", so there was at least something in /etc/passwd. Do you in
fact have a file in c:\cygwin\bin named mkpasswd.exe?

It actually should just sit there for a long time when you do "mkpasswd
-d >> /etc/passwd". It is adding all the users from the NT domain to the
passwd file. You can do a "mkpasswd -d | grep bgoldstein >>
/etc/passwd", that will take the same amount of time but only put your
username in the passwd file (where bgoldstein is your username).

HTH,
Peter