Programs can't find Cygwin paths

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Fri Apr 18 10:11:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Luciano wrote:

> I have a directory with several language interpreters: Perl, PHP,
> Tcl, among others. I had Perl twice for a few days: Windows and
> Cygwin. It seems that if I point to the interpreter with the hash
> bang line using a Cygwin path,
>
> #!/c/langs/tcl/bin/tclsh
>
> ... Cygwin can find tclsh and invoke it, but then Windows tcl can't
> find a path like /home/USER/somescript.tcl. Perl works fine because I
> have a Cygwin installation (which I selected and installed by
> accident, BTW). I don't want to install all other interpreters for
> Cygwin to make them work with Cygwin paths. There must be another
> way...

There isn't, sorry.  To understand POSIX paths, and especially Cygwin
mount entries, the program has to be linked with cygwin1.dll.  Judicious
use of cygpath could help, but it won't replace the real thing.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II