Setup feature request: adding a "Skipped" view

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak ronald@landheer.com
Wed Jan 29 17:24:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Weiqi Gao wrote:
> > > I'm one of those who fires up the setup.exe program everyday and
> > > download whatever that's updated since yesterday.
> > >
> > > I find myself going to the "Full" view and scroll from top to bottom
> > > looking for packages marked "skip" and click on it to make setup
> > > download the package.
> > >
> > > The list in the "Full" view is quite long now.  I'm just wondering if it
> > > is possible to create another view called "Skipped" and show all the
> > > packages that's marked skipped so that I can have a chance to click on
> > > them to make setup download the packages, in a much shorter list.
> > >
> > > Maybe there is a better way of doing this already that I'm not aware of.
> > >   In that case I would like to hear that too.
> > Try setting "All" to "Install" - I think that'll do what you want.
> >
> > Ciao,
> > rlc
> Not quite.  Setting "All" to "Install" will also upgrade those packages
> already on the system, whereas the "Skipped" view would only show
> uninstalled packages.  Not to downplay your suggestion, Ronald - it may do
> exactly what Weiqi Gao wanted, I'm just setting the record straight here.
I *thought* so too until I tried :)
I ran setup, set "All" to Install and was kinda surprised (but pleasently
so) when I saw the "keep"s remain "keep"s and the "skip"s become
"install"s
Note that I didn't say he should click all the way to reinstall :)

Setup version 2.249.2.5

rlc