Postmaster failing 'not enough core'
Kevin Jones
kevinj@develop.com
Sat Jul 19 15:49:00 GMT 2003
I'm running Cygwin 1.3.22.1 on Windows 2003. I've installed ipc-daemon
as a service and I'm trying to get postmaster started.
I've created a postgres account, logged on under that account and run
initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data to create the DB.
postmaster is installed like this
"$ cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args
"-D /usr/share/postgresql/data -i -B 16 -N 8" --dep ipc-daemon
--termsig INT --user postgres --shutdown #"
ipc-daemon starts OK (for a while It wouldn't but logging off and back
on seemed to fix that problem), but postmaster won't start. I'm getting
this in 'postmster.log'
"IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1499136, 03600) failed: Not
enough core"
followed by the rest of the message. I've tried reducing buffer sizes to
16 (the minimum) and the max connections to 8 (as can be seen above) and
I'm still getting the problem.
I suspect it's a permissions problem (most of these seem to be:) ) Do I
need to do anything special to the postgres user, or allow it access to
any particular directory?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin Jones
Developmentor
www.develop.com
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list