Problems with man
Kaufman, Duane (MED, LUNAR)
Duane.Kaufman@med.ge.com
Thu Jul 31 16:46:00 GMT 2003
Hi
I recently installed Cygwin on my desktop machine (Win2k 5.00.2195
Service Pack 2), and I am having trouble with getting man pages. Here is
some output:
duane@USD22C821 ~
$ man man
/usr/bin/tbl: not found
/bin/cat: not found
/usr/bin/nroff: not found
/usr/bin/less: not found
Error executing formatting or display command.
System command (cd /usr/man && (echo ".pl 1100i"; /bin/cat
'/usr/man/man1/man.1'
; echo; echo ".pl \n(nlu+10") | /usr/bin/tbl | /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc
| /usr/
bin/less -isrR) exited with status 32512.
No manual entry for man
I have read the FAQ, and yes, I have ash installed. Trying the same from
a sh:
duane@USD22C821 ~
$ sh
\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$ man man
/usr/bin/tbl: not found
/usr/bin/nroff: not found
/usr/bin/less: not found
Error executing formatting or display command.
System command (cd /usr/man && (echo ".pl 1100i"; /bin/cat
'/usr/man/man1/man.1'
; echo; echo ".pl \n(nlu+10") | /usr/bin/tbl | /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc
| /usr/
bin/less -isrR) exited with status 32512.
No manual entry for man
\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
What do I have configured wrong?
Thanks,
Duane (see attached)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: setup.log.full
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 49830 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20030731/a2916713/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: check_7-31-2003.txt
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20030731/a2916713/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list