Problems with man
Larry Hall
cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Thu Jul 31 16:54:00 GMT 2003
Kaufman, Duane (MED, LUNAR) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I recently installed Cygwin on my desktop machine (Win2k 5.00.2195
> Service Pack 2), and I am having trouble with getting man pages. Here is
> some output:
>
> duane@USD22C821 ~
> $ man man
> /usr/bin/tbl: not found
> /bin/cat: not found
> /usr/bin/nroff: not found
> /usr/bin/less: not found
> Error executing formatting or display command.
> System command (cd /usr/man && (echo ".pl 1100i"; /bin/cat
> '/usr/man/man1/man.1'
> ; echo; echo ".pl \n(nlu+10") | /usr/bin/tbl | /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc
> | /usr/
> bin/less -isrR) exited with status 32512.
> No manual entry for man
>
> I have read the FAQ, and yes, I have ash installed. Trying the same from
> a sh:
>
> duane@USD22C821 ~
> $ sh
> \[\033]0;\w\007
> \033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
> $ man man
> /usr/bin/tbl: not found
> /usr/bin/nroff: not found
> /usr/bin/less: not found
> Error executing formatting or display command.
> System command (cd /usr/man && (echo ".pl 1100i"; /bin/cat
> '/usr/man/man1/man.1'
> ; echo; echo ".pl \n(nlu+10") | /usr/bin/tbl | /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc
> | /usr/
> bin/less -isrR) exited with status 32512.
> No manual entry for man
> \[\033]0;\w\007
> \033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
>
> What do I have configured wrong?
This looks like a permission problem but there's nothing obviously wrong
from your setup log or cygwcheck output. Can you invoke any of these
directly from bash without problems? What do the ownerships look like
on these files? What does 'getfacl' say for these files?
--
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list