Wavplay for cygwin?

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed May 14 20:22:00 GMT 2003

Linda,

/dev (like /proc and /cygdrive) is a virtual directory[*], and is handled
via cygwin1.dll.  You can create a /cygdrive/c/cygwin/dev directory, for
tab completion and the like, and even use a batch file I posted earlier to
populate /dev with zero-length files that will show up as devices.
	Igor
[*] ISTR that there were plans to make /dev a real directory, once mknod()
is fully implemented and functional.

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II