cygwin + samba pdc = ssh problem [FAQ alert]

Doug VanLeuven roamdad@attglobal.net
Fri May 16 21:43:00 GMT 2003

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

>On 14 May 2003, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>

>>Doug VanLeuven wrote:
>>
>>| You'll need to set CYGWIN=smbntsec (plus whatever else you might be
>>| using) and "nt acl support = yes" in smb.conf for the affected shares
>>
>>This worked ! Thanks an awfully lot for the tip. I don't know what we'd
>>have done otherwise - probably dump cygwin altogether I think. I'm
>>actually surprised this is not documented in the FAQ next in the chmod
>>is not working part.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>

>Nicolas,
>
>Would you care to write a relevant FAQ section/amendment outlining what
>you did and contribute it (post it to this list)?  That way the Cygwin FAQ
>maintainer can pick it up and put it in the FAQ right away.  Perhaps Doug
>could help also...  After all, <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC>.
>	Igor

I wouldn't mind, but first I'd rather have a philosophical discussion on
whether or not nosmbntsec is "doing the right thing" in the manner of
translating "Take Ownership" or if samba should rethink whether it
actually needs a plceholder characteristic.

--
Doug VanLeuven