missing java headers

Christopher Faylor cgf-rcm@cygwin.com
Sat Oct 4 18:40:00 GMT 2003

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 07:08:46PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>Hallo Jim,

>you wrote:
>
>> I tried uncompressing, configuring, and "make" of gcc.
>> Recompiling and installing 3.3.1-1 fails to install the headers.
>> Subsequent uncompress, configure, recompile of 3.2-3 failed
>> to compiler.
>
>> Checking the gcc java list
>>   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/
>> doesn't reveal (to me) the answer.
>
>> Gerrit, do you know since you have the most relevant
>> posts on the gcc/java list?
>
>gcc-3.3.1 builds/runs fine for me, I will hopefully get my server up
>and running the next week, then I can offer a complete package,
>including all 'default' frontends plus Pascal.  If you want to compile
>yourself I can send you the latest patch against the gcc-3.3.1
>original source I used and the scripts I use to build, though the Ada
>frontend will not build if you have not already Ada installed. Just
>drop a short note.

I've repeatedly asked for someone to take over maintainership of gcc.
If you are producing packages on your web site can I ask you go to all
of the way and maintain gcc for cygwin?

If you are not willing to do this, then please don't advertise your
package here.  The last thing I need is someone adding confusion to this
situation.

cgf