Cygwin/rsync Hang Problem Testing Results

Paul Thompson captbunzo@squirrelmail.org
Sun Oct 5 08:51:00 GMT 2003

Mark Thornton wrote:

>> So, based on my testing, I would conclude that the infamous cygwin
>> rsync hang bug was introduced somewhere in the coding for 2.4.6. As
>> for myself, I plan to go ahead and just use version 2.4.0, as it is
>> the most recent version of rsync that worked for all three tests. If
>> I can be of any more help, including testing patches, please let me
>> know.
>>

> Can you suggest a download source for 2.4.0? I have only been able to
> find 2.4.6, 2.5.6-1 and 2.5.6-2. By the way were either of your
> machines dual processors (or hyperthreaded)?

rsync ftp site -

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/old-versions/rsync-2.4.0.tar.gz
    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/old-versions/

And one of my machines is dual processored. However, the machine that I
did all of my testing on was a normal Pentium-4 laptop. No
hyperthreading, I think...

Paul