SSHD, Cygwin and Windows 2003 : continued with user rights
Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail)
garbage_collector@telia.com
Thu Sep 18 14:25:00 GMT 2003
> From: Olivier ALLART
> Next I guess I'll go look for some tip on how to unlock iisreset so it
> can be used by whatever admin and not just local ..
Sorry to jump in! Just an idea;
How about runas, is it available in W2K+3? (I'm on W2K)
/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59?16.37'N, 17?12.60'E
-- UTC+01 --
$ echo >iisreset.bat -e \
"@echo off\necho This is me, using the Administrators rights\!"
$ u2d iisreset.bat
iisreset.bat: done.
$ runas /profile /user:mymachine\administrator cmd /c iisreset.bat
<SIGH> *I* can't make it work for a simple test like above :-7 (from the
BASH prompt! I have a similar thing running via BAT scripts).
runas seems to "think" it doesn't get correct arguments.
*IS* it possible? I deem it should be.
F:\>runas /?
RUNAS USAGE:
RUNAS [/profile] [/env] [/netonly] /user:<UserName> program
/profile if the user's profile needs to be loaded
/env to use current environment instead of user's.
/netonly use if the credentials specified are for remote access
only.
/user <UserName> should be in form USER@DOMAIN or DOMAIN\USER
program command line for EXE. See below for examples
Examples:
> runas /profile /user:mymachine\administrator cmd
> runas /profile /env /user:mydomain\admin "mmc %windir%\system32\dsa.msc"
> runas /env /user:user@domain.microsoft.com "notepad \"my file.txt\""
NOTE: Enter user's password only when prompted.
NOTE: USER@DOMAIN is not compatible with /netonly.
--END OF MESSAGE--
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list