wide string methods, round two

Joshua Kwan joshk@triplehelix.org
Sun Sep 28 08:07:00 GMT 2003


Sorry I was not able to respond to helpful replies on this list due to
the lack of "CC me on reply"-age. Luckily, I had the presence of the
mind to check cygwin.com/ml/cygwin :)

Anyway, some sed work got me this conclusive list of missing functions:

assign(wchar_t*, unsigned, wchar_t)
compare(wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*, unsigned)
copy(wchar_t*, wchar_t const*, unsigned)
length(wchar_t const*)
move(wchar_t*, wchar_t const*, unsigned)

for namespace std, templated class char_traits, in the case that this is
more clear to some people who have glazed over while trying to read the
error messages.

I nm'd libstdc++.a for these and got a number of likely results, but
these were probably for different classes.

The source of the problem maybe lies in the g++ source? That's where
libstdc++ is built anyhow. Are there build logs available anywhere for
binary packages built for Cygwin? I'm not as comfy with STL as I'd like
to be so I don't have much of an idea where to look.

Again, please CC me on replies.

Thanks,

-- 
Joshua Kwan
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 827 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20030928/59c7058e/attachment.sig>


More information about the Cygwin mailing list