cygthread::detach: WFSO sigwait 0x7B4 failed w/ 1.5.6-1 & cygwin1-20040123.dll.bz2

Bill Priest priestwilliaml@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 17:51:00 GMT 2004

All,
  I noticed that I get the subject message from within
emacs when I invoke the shell.  I can't get it to
happen from within a console (ie invoking bash or
tcsh)
from cygwin.bat; it only happens w/ rxvt (in X or
native
mode).

My cygwin.bat is as follows:
echo off
SET MAKE_MODE=unix
SET TERM=cygwin
SET CYGWIN=binmode;tty;ntsec
SET
PATH=C:\cygwin\bin;c:\cygwin\usr\local\bin;%PATH%;c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
SET HOME=/home/bpriest
c:\cygwin\bin\rxvt -geometry 80x52 -cr green -pr olive
-sl 9999 -fn "Courier-14" -bg MidnightBlue -fg Wheat
-e tcsh

my SHELL variable is not set

I invoke emacs as follows:
emacs -nw -q
For those that don't do emacs this is no window mode
and don't read the .emacs file.
Then I do ALT-x shell <CR>
I get the $ prompt (which indicates sh is being used)
Here is what shows up in the emacs window

$ echo $SHELL

$ ls
2600
2600_schematic.pdf
JOSH_DSP.txt
Translation
high_pass_test_data.h
high_pass_test_data.h.~1~
orig.emacs
orig_2600
porting_status.txt
startxwin.sh
$       7 [main] sh 3856 cygthread::detach: WFSO
sigwait 0x7B4 failed, res 4294\
967295, Win32 error 6

Process shell finished

If I setenv SHELL to bash or tcsh the problem doesn't
occur.

I googled and found some Feb 2003 problems w/ this
error message; but didn't think it would be relevant.

Attached is the output of cygcheck -svr.
I have only tried it on one machine that is
a P4 Windows XP w/ all service packs and updates
(except for .net; which I never install).

FYI,

Bill
PS.  Since I can work around this by setting the
SHELL variable its not a show stopper.

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/