higher-level IO very slow with cygwin1.dll 5.10 (due to set_flags?)
Joseph
sevenrider@express56.com
Mon Jun 21 04:14:00 GMT 2004
Please help with a problem I have had since
upgrading to latest Cygwin DLL. When I do
IO using fopen it is many times slower now
than IO using simple open. Also programs
like sort and cut have very slow IO access
times. This behavior is not seen when I
compile my own programs with the -mno-cygwin
option in GCC. A trace of the program execution
shows that large delays seem to occur with
system calls labeled "set_flags". I attach
an example program with comments showing the
relevant timings and trace excerpts. Also
I attach output of cygcheck for my system,
in compliance with request on website. Thanks
for any help. -- Joseph Rosenzweig
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: iotest.c
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 3765 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20040621/82132f5e/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: cygcheckout
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 14178 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20040621/82132f5e/attachment-0001.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list