higher-level IO very slow with cygwin1.dll 5.10 (due to set_flags?)

sevenrider@express56.com sevenrider@express56.com
Wed Jun 23 03:43:00 GMT 2004

I am just asking again about this problem in
the hopes that someone might have anything to
suggest. It seems that fopen is 10 to 20 times
slower than open on my I/O operations due
to large delays in executing a system call
"set_flags". I will have to rewrite all my
code and abandon most of the text utility
programs like "grep" and "sort" unless I can
figure out what is going on. Any help, just
simple reference to what "set_flags" means
in the strace dump, would be very much
appreciated.