Win32::API perl module

Jason Pearce jason.pearce@ieee.org
Sat Nov 6 10:30:00 GMT 2004


This worked a treat Reini, thanks very much for your help.
I need this on several machines at work, so I will package it up in a 
tar.bz2 for use with setup.exe. Once tested I'll post it back here.

Regards,
Jason


Reini Urban wrote:

> Jason Pearce schrieb:
>
>> I have been trying to compile up Win32::API perl module under 
>> Cygwin's perl.
>>
>> The latest version off CPAN doesn't build (see below).
>
>
> http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/perl/Win32-API-0.41-cygwin.patch 
>
> =>
> http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/perl/Win32-API-0.42.tar.gz 
>
>
> just the new-style win32 callbacks do not work that way with gcc.
> old style it worked, but backporting seemed to much effort for me.
>
>> I have found some refernces to patches people have applied to get it 
>> working in the past.  In particular Win32:API version 0.20.
>>    http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/libwin32/Win32-API-0.20cygwin/
>> But I was unable to get that working either, maybe because the 
>> Cygwin.dll and/or Perl (v5.8.2) has moved on since that patch was done?
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has got it working for themselves?
>> If not, I'd really appreciate someone taking a look. I am happy to do 
>> some of my own dirty work, but I have little knowledge of the 
>> Cygwin.dll so I really struggle to know where to look. I gather 
>> Win32::API is relying on a hook that the Cygwin.dll is not providing?
>>
>> All I really need this for is to call a procedure in a DLL, that does 
>> some port IO for me. At the moment my work around is to use Active 
>> State perl, for which Win32::API does build, but it would be better 
>> to only have one version of Perl around.
>


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list