[OT now] RE: cygwin sshd will not run under McAfee VirusScan 8.0i

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat Nov 20 08:48:00 GMT 2004

Dave Korn schrieb:
> [...]

AVG or antivir.de

>   That is indeed what I almost always recommend to victims^Wusers^Wvictims
> of Norton's bugware, and I can't praise it highly enough.  Small, simple,
> unintrusive and effective.
>
>   Oh, and just to be absolutely clear: it's not just "Not-on" AV, it's
> absolutely *everything* Norton: their internet security package, their
> anti-spam stuff, their pc-health-monitoring stuff: the entire suite should
> be despised with deep prejudice.

indeed.

>   I regularly get thanked by ex-Norton-sufferers, whose machines I have
> removed it from and given them something decent like the AVG+ZA combination,
> and they say things like "Wow, my machine only takes a fraction of the time
> to startup it used to and everything it does is so much faster and smoother
> running...."

Somewhen in the nearer future clamav will have
FindFirstChangeNotification support. ("on-access scanning")
Technically no major problem, just how to get the config compatible with
Dazuko/Clamuko. It's even written by an antivir.de developer.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/