select() read() and write() on /dev/console

Jason Curl j.m.curl@optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 21 18:00:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 06:46:56PM +0100, Jason Curl wrote:
>
>>My question, how do I go about investigating what the root cause is? Has
>>anybody else seen similar issues and been able to work around it? I'm
>>stuck and I've never seen the source code to cygwin before.
>

> If you suspect a problem with the cygwin DLL then you can build a
> debugging version of the cygwin DLL and debug it using gdb.
>
> Most of the console handling is in fhandler_console.cc.  The select
> handling is in select.cc.  Look for the string "console" there.
>
> Instructions for building the DLL are in the FAQ:
>
> http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_3.html#SEC101

Hello,

Is there a way I can use debug_printf() inside C source (not C++). I've
found <sys/strace.h> and <sys/ipctrace.h>.

Googling and I don't find information about what I need to include, and
probably what I need to link.

#define TRACE
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/ipctrace.h>

int main(void)
{
   debug_printf("TEST\n");
}

It won't link, not finding _err_handler.

Thanks in advance.
Jason.