cygheap problems with 1.5.11

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 28 15:09:00 GMT 2004


Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> I noticed the same. But I'm not sure when it start happening.
> I recently upgraded to cygwin-1.5.11, the latest xorg- stuff
> and also to zlib-1.2.1/bzip2-1.0.2. Afterwards I had problems
> with apache which could be solved as usually with a rebaseall
> including my self compiled dll's.
 >
 > I only noticed the problem after this procedure. So I'm not sure
 > what's the culprit.

Now that you mention it, I also ran a rebaseall because of Perl modules 
right before the cygheap problem happened.  In fact, I think that was 
the first time I rebased using cygwin-1.5.11; maybe that's what needs to 
be investigated.

> In my case the cygheap_fixup_in_child error manifests only in a
> couple of gnome1 applications which I compiled by myself. It looks as
> so all apps which are dependent on /opt/gnome1/bin/cygart_lgpl-2.dll
> are infected. All my other gnome1 apps works just fine. For example:
 >
> I'm not seeing the problem so far with officially released apps.
> For example gpg --version works fine here.
> So I think I'm on my own here.

Well, right now gpg, XWin, XWin_GL all aren't working, along with my 
self-compiled snownews, plus any program that I've compiled since the 
problem first happened.

Again, the common factor seems to be rebasing with cygwin-1.5.11.  Could 
someone *please* investigate (before my cygwin becomes completely 
unusable!).

BTW, Gerrit, I was working on getting together a bunch of Gnome prereqs 
for ITP at the time, but I can't do anything now until this is fixed. :-(


Yaakov

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list