cygheap problems with 1.5.11

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 29 08:02:00 GMT 2004

Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Well, right now gpg, XWin, XWin_GL all aren't working, along with my
> self-compiled snownews, plus any program that I've compiled since the
> problem first happened.
>
> Again, the common factor seems to be rebasing with cygwin-1.5.11.  Could
> someone *please* investigate (before my cygwin becomes completely
> unusable!).
>
> BTW, Gerrit, I was working on getting together a bunch of Gnome prereqs
> for ITP at the time, but I can't do anything now until this is fixed. :-(

FWIW, I deleted everything except /home and did a clean reinstall.
Everything is working now, and I've even survived my first rebaseall.
Oh well, I guess I'll never know what really happened, but at least my
cygwin is up and working again.

At least reinstalling Cygwin is a lot easier than reinstalling Windoze. :-)

Yaakov